Saturday, August 29, 2009

More beauty from England

Again with an exclusive photo from ArgO as on the previous blog. This is here : The Tortoiseshell Butterfly very common in the UK.
I did a little research on this animal among other information I learned that the striking patterns on the wings are actually for selfdefense. The article from an Encyclopedia said: When the butterfly is frightened than opens up his wings and it is believed that a young predator can be scared away by the bright yellow and striking black pattern . There is always something to learn from the Beauties of Nature!
Unfortunately where I live on Long Island N.Y. U.S. I do not see such beauties. I believe there is just a frantic chase against insects and many little wildlife in order to keep the humans habitation " nice and clean". What about the toxic chemicals to be used for this purpose? That is an other question to be raised.
I am happy that with my blogging I can share some information to you Dear Reader.
It seems that I am slowly but surely progressing in the maze of blogging! Sorry! But for me this is not so easy as it is believed to be. Not at the beginning anyway! Well I am just (a) : Blue Bird :)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to my Page Dear Reader! I am a beginner in blogging and I would appreciate if you leave me a note!
    Tell me where you are with your blog and I will do the same to built a strong community! Thank you from:Blue bird

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blog land. I too am relatively new to blogging but am enjoying the fun of it all. I'm from the near the welsh border in the Midlands in England. Feel free to drop in to my blog any time. A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Wispo I repied in mail. Blue Bird :-)

    ReplyDelete